Corry Sipasulta

12:14 PM



Dear Oma,

I am sorry it took me this long to finally say what I have always been wanting to tell you.

There are too many things I am eager to say. Some even where words cannot convey, but let me start off by saying thank you. You have shown me what it was like to be a caring and loving person. You have given me great love; one that is unconditional. You were always there for me, loving me every step of the way. You have taught me something that I will cherish for as long as I shall live; you have taught me how to love. Because of your love, care, and patience, now, in turn, I have grown to be a girl who stands close to such things. I am saddened by the thoughts of not spending more time with you when I had the chance. I remember that every time I got scolded by my father, you were the person I wanted to go to. I would sleep with you at night, and you would keep me warm. I just wish that I have one last chance to say how much you mean to me. I remember you telling me and my cousin, Sara, about your childhood. How you used to live in a farm with your grandmother, and how you loved her dearly. Maybe such feeling is hereditary. You are the most beautiful woman I have ever known. Not only on the outside, but what is inside you shine out of you like sunbeams. I fell in love with your gentle smile, and I have been missing it ever since the day you left. Yet, what I adore most of all is your kindness. You were filled with kindness, and I was ever so lucky to receive such a thing from you each day. There are too many memories for one's heart to hold. Being able to call you my grandmother is one of the most precious gifts God has given me.  I hope that I can be the person whom you are proud of, and I believe that you are looking down on me from Jesus' arms.

I love you, Oma.
You have a place in my heart that no one could ever replace.

Yours,
Abigail C. Parera

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook